- Whilst we do cater for special dietary requirements all our cakes are baked and decorated in a kitchen where nuts are present and therefore cannot be guaranteed nut free for allergy sufferers. Certain cakes can be adapted to be dairy, wheat or gluten free. Please contact us for details.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soya and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Brighton Cakes will colour match as close as possible to colours used on its cakes but does not guarantee an exact colour match.
- All cakes are baked fresh to order without preservatives and freshness cannot be guaranteed after the event date. Our cakes can be frozen and do indeed freeze well but clients do so at their own risk. Cakes should be well wrapped in cling film prior to freezing.
- Brighton Cakes is not responsible for any damage to the cake once it has been collected or after set up is complete. The client is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake. Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and an optimal room temperature of no more than 75F/23C.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source we will arrange a quotation for you or liaise directly with your florist. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt or other contaminants.
- If you or your representative elect to pick up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Brighton Cakes’ possession.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Some parts of the cake may be non-edible such as wired sugar flowers, feathers, or figurines, for support. Certain sections of sculpted 3D cakes may also contain non-edible parts. We will always try and ensure that the vast majority of the cake is edible but in order to support it correctly and ensure successful delivery we reserve the right to make some parts non edible. We will advise you or your venue about which parts need to be removed prior to serving. If you have concerns about non-edible parts being used in your cake please talk to us at the design stage and we can discuss ways around it.
- A 50 per cent non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking.
- For wedding cakes the balance is due no later than two weeks before the event.
- For celebration cakes the balance is payable either as cash upon collection or delivery or by cleared bank transfer or cleared check. Please note that due to previous bad debtors we will no longer allow a cake to be taken or leave it at the venue if payment has not been completed in full.
- For wedding cakes booked less than one month prior to the event date payment in full is required before the work is undertaken. For celebration cakes booked less than two weeks prior to the event date, payment is also required in full.
- Payment plans to spread the cost of wedding cakes are available by prior agreement. Please ask for details.
- Once the price has been agreed and the deposit paid the design is based on that price. Alterations and changes can be made up to two weeks before your event date.
- You agree to be liable for any costs incurred as a result of changes made.
- No changes are permitted less than two weeks prior to your event date.
- If you cancel for any reason you will be liable for any special items ordered and any work already begun.
- If cancellation is two weeks or less before the date of the wedding or celebration you will be liable for the full balance. If you cancel more than two weeks before the date of the wedding or celebration and have paid the balance in full then you will be entitled to a 50 per cent refund.
- If you sign up for our mailing list, your email address will be stored by Brighton Cakes and you will receive occasional promotional material from us.
- We will not pass your email address on to any third parties.
- All our marshmallows are currently made fresh to order, please allow two/three days prior to shipping. If your order is urgent please email us as it is sometimes possible to turn orders around more rapidly.
- Our marshmallows contain beef gelatine and as such, are not suitable for vegetarians.
- Our marshmallows are gluten, wheat and dairy free unless otherwise specified in the ingredients. Certain marshmallows contain nuts and are therefore not suitable for nut allergy sufferers.
- Shipping is currently charged at a flat rate of £3.50 for orders throughout the UK.
- Payment is made through Paypal for all marshmallow orders.
Classes and workshops
- You can make a booking for a class through our online booking system or over the phone.
- If you have any questions about the booking, either before or after you book, please email us or call us on 07824 770151.
- Your place in the class is not secured until full payment has been received. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your payment and then a further email with class details.
- We cannot hold places for classes with payment pending under any circumstances.
- Refunds are not available once payment has been made for any reason. This applies to any class booking or gift voucher purchase.
- In the unlikely event your class is cancelled we will offer to move you to another date or offer you a refund.